Every Tuesday I am going to post recipes that I have tried and love, or really want to try! Feel free to post your recipe reviews after trying! This mini-meatloaf recipe is by far my favorite (besides my mom’s meatloaf…) The oats and cheese make it!
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup plus 2 tsp milk
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup quick cooking oats
- 1 tbsp parsley
- 1 1/2 tbsp dried onion flakes
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tbsp Italian breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2/3 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1-2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a large bowl, combine the egg, 3/4 cup milk, cheese, oats, and salt. Let sit for a few minutes to let the oatmeal absorb some of the liquid. Add parsley, onion flakes, garlic powder and breadcrumbs. If mixture looks too dry, add the 2 tsp of milk. Add the ground beef, mixing well, and form this mixture into eight miniature meatloaves. Place these in a lightly greased 9×13 inch baking dish.
- In a separate small bowl, combine the ketchup, brown sugar, mustard and Worcestershire sauce. Stir thoroughly and spread over each meatloaf.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 45 minutes or until done. Don’t overcook!
Amount Per Serving Calories: 255 | Total Fat: 14.4g | Cholesterol: 77m