Happy Mardi Gras!
Here is a recipe for Jambalaya (New Orleans style!) from allrecipes.com!
Colleen’s Slow Cooker Jambalaya
prep time: 20 minutes
cook time: 8 hours
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast halves – cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 pound andouille sausage, sliced
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes with juice
- 4 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 large green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley
- 2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning (use Tony Chachere’s Creole Seasoning!)
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 pound frozen cooked shrimp without tails
- In a slow cooker, mix the chicken, sausage, tomatoes with juice, onion, green bell pepper, celery, and broth. Season with oregano, parsley, Cajun seasoning, cayenne pepper, and thyme.
- Cover, and cook 7 to 8 hours on Low, or 3 to 4 hours on High. Stir in the shrimp during the last 30 minutes of cook time.
- Serve over your favorite rice–white basmati is a good choice!
Calories: 235 | Total Fat: 13.6g | Cholesterol: 99mg